- Bandleader: David "Rook" Goldflies, Allman Brothers Band bassist (1978-1982)
- Band Official Start Date: January 2020
- First Post COVID sell-out show: The Vogel Theatre at the Count Basie Center in Red Bank, NJ April 2, 2022 - 360+ tickets
What People Are Saying
A Brother’s Revival!!! WoW, what a concert! Just fabulous! My audience had such a great time, dancing in the aisles (and in their seats.) The band members mesmerized the audience with their musicianship. Every band member was so very talented. Thank you for giving us a memorable concert. (My phone was blowing up the next morning!)
Mary Adair Trumbly
Highlands Performing Arts Center
"I've seen a lot of bands cover the Allman Brothers Band, including bands with various original members, and these guys came closer than just about anything I've seen/heard. Not note for note copies (except on a couple of numbers, e.g. they did an amazing recreation of the Live at Fillmore East version of "You Don't Love Me" by Willie Cobbs who happens to be the guy sharing my profile pic) but the ABB never played the same song twice the same way either.. these guys captured the spirit and the feel, and they all have the chops to pull it off." - Brennan Carley, Author, The Unbroken Circle, The Songs and the Artists That Shaped the Music of the Allman Brothers Band
We look forward to having them back at High Point Theatre in the near future. They were truly a fan favorite. The comments from those in attendance were stellar, and some old “Allman” folkies were ecstatic about the quality of the vocals, instrumentals and over all concert experience. - David S. Briggs, Director, High Point Theatre, High Point, NC
Writing another chapter in the legacy of the Allman Brothers Band, A Brother's Revival, led by former Allman Brothers bassist David "Rook" Goldflies, brings the music of the Allman Brothers to life every time they step on stage.
David recorded and toured with the Allman Brothers Band and Dickey Betts, and Great Southern for over five years. David learned firsthand from Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, Butch Trucks, and Jaimoe exactly how the Allman Brothers sound was created. That knowledge is what drives the music of A Brothers Revival.
Rook performed for crowds as large as 100,000 people in arenas such as Soldiers Field and Mile High Stadium and on television shows like Saturday Night Live, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, and Solid Gold. Rook received a Grammy nomination for the Allman Brothers instrumental "Pegasus" from Enlightened Rogues, a Billboard Top 10 certified Gold album. Rook is recognized by many fans as one of the Allman Brothers' most dynamic bass players, with his playing akin to the aggressive style of the original Allman Brothers' bassist, Berry Oakley.
As if that wasn't enough, Rook was also the bassist on the colossal hit single Black Betty made famous by the band Ram Jam.
Joining Rook in A Brothers Revival is vocalist and keyboardist Mike Kach who toured with Dickey Betts and Great Southern for over a decade. Mike was Dickey's choice to carry on the bluesy sound of Gregg Allman's performances. The moment Mike begins to sing, it's clear that Mike has a gift that brings the audience back to when they first heard Gregg Allman's unique voice.
During the two-and-a-half-hour show, David leads A Brothers Revival through all the Allman Brothers' classics: Jessica, One Way Out, Statesboro Blues, Midnight Rider, Melissa, Ramblin' Man, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, Whipping Post, and a few surprises for the fans that enjoy the deep jams. These brothers perform the songs with authentic passion while paying homage to the improvisational spirit of the original band, pushing the songs to new heights.
- Katherine Hepburn Theater, Old Saybrook, CT
- Bearsville Theater, Woodstock, NY
- Elgin Community College Arts Center, Elgin, IL
- Paramount Theater, Huntington, NY
- Highlands Performing Arts Center, Highlands, NC
- Beaver Creek Resort, Avon, CO
- Reilly Arts Center, Ocala, FL w/Vaylor Trucks
- Beacon Theatre Richmond, VA
- CD & ME Summer Concerts, Frankfort, IL
- Dothan Opera House, Dothan, AL
- Elevation 27, Virginia Beach, VA
- Edmond Town Hall, Newtown, CT
- Egyptian Theatre DeKalb, IL
- Havana, New Hope, PA
- High Point Theatre, High Point, NC
- Historic Sidney Theatre, Sidney, OH
- Mattie Kelly Center for the Arts ,Destin, FL
- Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
- Pearson Lakes Art Center, Okoboji, IA
- Saenger Theatre, Pensacola, FL
- Sunrise Theatre Fort Pierce, FL
- BOCA Center for the Arts Boca Raton, FL
- Twisted Fork Port Charlotte, FL
- The Vogel at the Count Basie Center Red Bank, NJ